Anyone—patient, family member, caregiverServices provided in the home that are medically related, such as nursing care, rehabilitation therapy, or services from a medical social worker., or doctor—can make the initial call. Getting started with care is easy:
- Call the VNSNY Hospice and Palliative Care Referral Center at 1-212-609-1900 anytime
- We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We can answer your questions and provide you with the information you need to get connected with care.
- We respond to referrals for care immediately.
- We will contact your doctor to confirm the need for hospice care. We will also verify insurance coverage. (Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance plans fully cover hospice care.)
- We will work with you and your caregivers to organize and schedule care.